Call Forwarding for Android
How can I forward calls from my usual phone number to Olelo?
Call forwarding lets you automatically send calls made to your usual cell phone number to your Olelo app instead, so that you can enjoy captions on all incoming calls on your phone.
Many Olelo users set up call forwarding so that they don't have to give their new Olelo number out to old friends, companies, and other contacts.
With call forwarding, calls to your mobile phone number will automatically ring in the Olelo app!
To set up call forwarding, you dial a special code in your "old" cell phone dialer. Olelo for Android makes this easy by pre-filling the special code you need to dial.
You only need to set this up once, and it will work for all incoming calls. You don't need to do it for every call -- once you've got it set up, it's automatic!
For step-by-step instructions for setting up call forwarding, see the section below.
But if you'd like to get started quickly, just open the Olelo menu by tapping the menu icon in the upper-left corner of Olelo, then tap Call Forwarding and follow the on-screen guidance.
To enable call forwarding, follow the steps below:
1. Open the Olelo menu by tapping the menu icon -- it looks like 4 lines in the upper left corner of the Olelo screen.
2. Tap the Call Forwarding item in the menu.
3. Read the text, tap Enable.
4. Read the text, tap Got It!
5. Tap the phone icon to dial the special activation code.
6. Allow the activation call to complete ... this usually takes about 15 seconds. A message may play that says "The calling feature has been applied."
7. After the call completes, you will see your cell phone's dialer. From here, tap the "back" button on your cell phone twice to get back to the Olelo app. If this doesn't work, just navigate back to Olelo by finding the Olelo icon on your phone and tapping it.
8. Read the message, and tap Got It!
9. You're done! All calls to your mobile phone number will now be received in Olelo for captioning. Happy calling!